Monday, January 12, 2015

Conan!

The Monolith Kickstarter for the Officially Licensed Conan boardgame opened today! I'm not really into Kickstarters for a variety of reasons: primarily, I don't think they are good for the hobby by taking money away from the local hobby shop and the manufacturers who have produced games for the here-and-now; and, I've had a few deliver nothing but promises...I'll not get into the whole discussion of Kickstarters, though as I've discussed it at length in my newsletter. That said, I might just risk some cash on this one.

Here's Monoloth's blurb:

"Conan is a miniature-based board game that pits one player, the overlord, who controls hordes of savage tribesmen, no-good lowlifes and undead minions against 1 to 4 players who incarnate the legendary Conan and his fellow adventurers. The gameplay is asymetric, as the overlord possesses a large selection of models and objectives which are his own, whereas the brave heroes are played from a first person perspective, much like in a role playing game. An adventure can be played out in 1 hour on one of the beautiful game boards (depicting iconic locations of Howard's immersive Hyborian world) as you pit your wits, daring and tactical acumen against your opponent."


If you jump in for $90.00 USD, you get the basic game and all of the stretch goals. 
If you are willing to pay $135.00 USD you get a bunch of items listed as Kickstarter exclusives (another thing I'm not in favor of...). Take a look at the goods:
 


 Take a look at the Bad Guy Cards and figure--I chose the Picts for illustration as they are some of my favorites from the stories.

 Here's a sample of one of the map boards...I'll be sorely tempted to make them in model...
 And last but far from least, is Conan:

If you are a fan of Conan, check it out here! If you don't jump on board, then at least put it on your Christmas list for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment