Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Song of Blades: Hammer and Forge

I am a long time friend of the Song of Blades and Heroes system by Ganesha Games. I've even been involved in some of the rules coming to press. My favorite project was some early, very early playtesting of the Dwarf special booklet which has evolved into the Song of Blades: Hammer and Forge. My son, his friend and I found the Dwarf rules to be both characterful and fun. Some of you may recall a battle report from my now defunct newsletter that pitted my Bronze Age Miniatures Cossack Dwarves
fighting Bob Olley's Samurai Troll, Goblins and Orcs, now sold by Forlorn Hope.

Disclaimers aside, I think this Kickstarter is worth getting into for the rules and the figures. Take a look at Song of Blades: Hammer and Forge but don't delay as the kickstarter is finishing up in 26 hours.

If you pledge at the Collector level, the image below is what you will receive.
Here is a comparison of the figures to some of the popular Dwarven and fantasy figures:
Lastly, you can see they have added some interesting units to both the Dwarves and their hated adversary, the Hobgoblins.

No comments:

Post a Comment