Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Brigade Games Vikings II: Mould line correction

Sometimes after cleaning and priming one discovers mould lines...it's frustrating but definitely worth the time it takes to correct them. Take a deep breath and look before you start the scrape and file...



I found six figures that needed remediation.  Three had very faint lines which required another scrape with a knife. The fourth was a mystery how I had missed the lines. The fifth actually required some careful filing as the line ran from hair to forehead to neck. The sixth was an accident...it seems the Vikings had trousers with a seam down the side and I scraped the primer but not the seam before I realized my mistake.

Here's the process I followed: clean the figure up. Next brush paint on some black primer. Let the primer thoroughly dry.  Repairing the prime levels is a slow process as you need each level to fully dry. I tend to leave them perhaps an hour unless I use an oven.  When the primer is ready, dry brush on skeleton bone and let thoroughly dry. Finally, dry brush white on the figure and dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment